• Intoxicated Driver
• Failure to Obey Traffic Laws
• Weather Conditions
• Traffic or Road Conditions
• Mechanical FailureNearly every auto accident will fall into these categories. However, accidents do not need to fit into any specific category for the injured party to seek compensation for their injuries.
Preventing Auto Accidents
According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), there are approximately 10 million people injured in a car accident every year. These accidents can range from minor bumps and bruises to catastrophic and life changing injuries. The CDC has also stated that car accidents are now the leading cause of death among teenagers. Sadly, many of these injuries could have been avoided.
To remain safer on the roads, Jacksonville car accident lawyers encourage drivers to:
• Put your Internet device down. Distracted drivers are now the leading cause for car accidents now, exceeding those involving drivers under the influence. Use apps to lock these devices while the vehicle is running if necessary.
• Obey all traffic laws at all times. Many accidents occur from improper turns, failing to stop, and not obeying speed limits.
• Slow down. Weather and road conditions require drivers to slow down. Auto accidents that occur under these conditions usually involve at least one vehicle that is driving too fast.
Speak With An Attorney
There can be many complications associated with being involved in a car accident. You emotional, physical and financial problems can occur. Because of this, it is important to speak with Jacksonville car accident lawyers about your rights to seek compensation for your losses. As an injury victim, you have specific rights to have your medical bills covered and regain your financial losses from the responsible party.
Your attorneys will explain to you what forms of compensation you are entitled to under Florida law and will assist you with your dealings with the insurance company that is handling your claim.