Slip & fall accidents happen when a person falls as a result of a property owner or manager failing to make the walkways safe. This can apply to many different situations, including:
• Cluttered walkways or pathways, or areas with dangerous debris
• Loose rugs, tiles, or other materials that causes a fall
• Dangerous walkways due to weather conditions
• Broken, cracked, or holes in sidewalks, parking lots, or flooring materials
• Loose railings on staircases
• Stairs that are in disrepair, filled with debris, or are slippery
• Stairwells or walkways that are not well-lit
Proving Responsibility For The Accident
Slip & fall accidents require that the injured party prove that the business owner, or manager of the property was aware of the danger and did not act in a responsible manner to protect anyone who entered their property. The management or owner of the building or property has a duty to ensure that their property is safe at all times.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, you are encouraged to speak with a Jacksonville slip & fall attorney about the event and the injuries you received. Under Florida law, you are entitled to specific forms of compensation for your injuries and financial losses that are a result of the slip and fall injury.